Wanted to thank Vistek, Elinchrom and AstroLab Studios Inc. for having me share my photographic journey. And a special thanks to everyone that came out to share their evening with me. The event was amazing, I was touched by all the Instagram messages.
My aim is always to inspire and I hope I achieved that. I can’t wait for my next opportunity share my love and passion for photography with you.
I’ve received a few DM’s and messages about the photo I recently posted of Maylin, asking about me about my lighting settings and setup.
So here is its.
I used the window light as my main light – we shot around 10AM and the light that was coming through the window was strong but defused due to being a cloudy day. Room being a light colour helped a bit by bouncing the light back on the subject.
I used the Elinchrom ELB 400 head with Rotalux 100cm square softbox (internal defuser only) as my fill, it was placed at a 45 degree angle from the subject. The head was placed on the B channel and was set at a low power, not to overpower the ambient light from the window or the lamp.
The shot was taken with a 35mm lens with the camera set to ISO 160, it was then manually set to f3.5 aperture and 1/125 shutter speed. By placing the lens close to the lamp and making use of the depth of field at f3.5 the foreground lamp melted away leaving the out of focus bright orange affect you see in the image this was caused by fthe tungsten bulb in the lamp.
So there it is. See diagram below.
Exciting new product from Elinchrom – ELB500 TTL – and yes it has HSS – I had some time testing out the ELB 1200s and looks like Elinchrom is continuing with its amazing and rugged battery back design. Light weight and powerful the ELB500 TTL is going to revolutionize the portrait game. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on a set to actively test this baby out. More to come on that soon.
THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT TO PROFUSION EXPO 2017 IN TORONTO.
IT WAS A GREAT SUCCESS, THANK YOU VISTEK AND ELINCHROM FOR HAVING ME BE PART OF THIS AMAZING TWO DAY EVENT AND ALLOWING ME TO SHARE MY ADVICE AND KNOWLEDGE IN PORTRAITURE AND LIGHTING.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ANTHONY FROM VISTEK AND BILL FROM GNIGAMI THAT MADE EVERYTHING RUN SO SMOOTHLY. THANK YOU TO TOMMY JAMES MURPHY FOR BEING OUR MODEL FOR THE EXPO.
HERE ARE FEW OF THE SHOTS THAT WERE CREATED AT PROFUSION EXPO 2017
ALL IMAGES WERE LIT WITH THE ELB1200 AND ELB400 WITH HI-SYNC. IMAGES WERE SHOT AT f1.4 AT 1/3200s ON THE NIKON D5
Exciting news from Switzerland…
Elinchrom LTD, just announced the new ELB 1200 Battery pack and stobe heads.
Weighing only 4.3 kg and equipped with a bright dimmable LED modelling lamp, Elinchrom is promising these new flash heads will provide exceptional capabilities for both still photography and video.
As of now, no price has been announced the new ELB 1200 are promised to hit the stores early June 2017.
A Powerful Unit
- 1200 Ws, for only 3,2 kg (without battery)
- Compact: 18 cm x 13 cm x 28 cm
- Weather resistant design
- Fast recycling times: 1.7s in FAST mode, 3s in DEFAULT mode
3 Flash Heads
- Action, Pro and Hi-Sync heads
- Aluminum housing and tilt head
- Flash and/or continuous LED light (dimmable)
- For both still photography and video
- Battery Air (included): 1.1 kg
- 215 flashes / 80 min continuous LED light
- Battery HD (optional): 1.5 kg
- 400 flashes / 120 min continuous LED light
- USB output to charge mobile devices
- A and B outlets
- 2:1 (66%:33%) asymmetry
- 1:1 (50%:50%) option
- 1.7s recycling time in FAST mode
- 3.0s recycling time in DEFAULT mode
- Large OLED control display
- Head recognition
- LED illuminated outlets, show which head is active
- Each head can be activated or deactivated separately
- Flash duration display
- Strobe, delay and sequence features
- Precise colour consistency
- Reliable flash duration consistency
- USB input for firmware updates
Battery Air – 90 Wh
Designed to travel safe and light.
The battery Air offers 215 flashes at full power, or 80 min of continuous light at full LED power. An ELB 1200 unit with a battery Air is allowed as carry-on baggage for travelling by Air with one spare battery.
The battery Air is included with the ELB 1200.
Battery HD – 144 Wh
A power-house for studio and on-location use.
The battery HD offers 400 flashes at full power, or 120 min of continuous light at full LED power.
This item is not included in the set and has to be purchased separately.
- Battery Air – 1.1 kg
- Battery HD – 1.5 kg
- Weather resistant
- Humidity and dust protected
- Battery box cover for safe transportation
- 5V USB power output
- Shipping mode for traveling
- Battery charge level indicator
- 92 CRI dimmable daylight LED
- Equivalent to 250w Halogen lamp
- For both still photography and video
- Aluminum housing
- 22.5 cm x 14 cm x 23 cm
- 2.2 kg
- Aluminum tilt head
- 7 mm and/or 8 mm umbrella tube
- Silent video mode
- Compatible with all full sized Elinchrom accessories
All specs and images/video provided by Vistek/ Elinchrom LTD.